Picks & Tips for the 2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
The countdown has begun for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This is my favorite sale of the year because Nordstrom puts many of my closet staples on sale as well as fall’s newest trends. Early Access for cardholders begins one week from today and goes from July 12th – July 19th. The Anniversary Sale is open to the public July 20th – August 5th. I have gone through the catalog forwards and backwards to bring you my favorite picks for the sale.
What to Buy
- This bra is my absolute favorite. It is supportive, pretty, and so comfortable that I’m not in a rush to take it off at the end of the day. Every year I replace at least one of my older bras with one of these during the Anniversary Sale every year. Bra’s are one of those items that do stretch out over time and should be replaced every couple years. If you haven’t been fitted for a bra before (or it’s been a couple years) I recommend going into the store for a fitting. For years I thought I was a 36C until I visited a Nordstrom Fit Specialist and found out I was actually a 32 DD. It made all the difference in looking and feeling great in my bras.
- I have been wearing this brand and style of underwear for probably a decade. They are the only underwear I buy. They are pricey, but nothing else comes close for comfort. I love the fact that I never have to worry about a panty line and the flesh color works well with white jeans. Again, I replace a few older pairs each year when the Anniversary Sale arrives. These also make a great stocking stuffer, or gift because one size fits all.
- This next pick is a bit of a splurge. I bought one last year and loved the fact that it was SUPER soft, lighter weight than most other flannel shirts, cut close to the body for a slim look, and never pills. It was one of my winter staples last year, so I’m hoping to add another one to my collection during the sale. This shirt comes in six different color combinations. I can’t decide between this navy & pink shirt or the navy & hunter version. Which color do you think I should get?
- This sweater caught my eye in the catalogue. I am a sucker for cozy, cable knit, oversized cardigan. What really caught my eye was that this sweater doesn’t have pockets. Most sweaters this style have large pockets right around the thigh area that do not work well with my hourglass shape because they add bulk and draw attention to an area that I want to de-emphasize. There are four colors to choose from when buying this sweater.
- I love the cheery color combinations that you can choose from when buying this hoodie. I received this brand of loungewear for Christmas last. I tend to wear loungewear when I am spending a day at home or I slip into it after a long day before I make dinner. The soft, cotton-blend fleece hoodie is appropriate enough to answer the door in or run out to pick up one of the kids from an activity, but feels like pajamas.
- These jogger pants complete the loungewear set. There are 3 colors to choose from and I love the relaxed fit and elasticized hem of this pair of joggers.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the perfect time to stock up on staples for the whole family as well as get a jump start on your holiday shopping. Check out My Ultimate Gift Guide to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. My husband always keeps an eye out for a new pair of dress shoes and a his favorite designer jeans during this sale. I have both kids browse the Kid’s Sale section as part of our back to school shopping. In the past my son has found his favorite athletic gear on sale and my daughter already has her eye on these shorts to add to our shopping cart this year.
- If you are not already a cardholder, consider applying for a card before July 12th so that you have early access to the Anniversary Sale. Having a Nordstrom card will allow you to earn 2 reward points for every dollar you spend. Once you have collected 2,000 points Nordstrom will send you a $20 Nordstrom Note to use towards your next purchase. You can earn even more points on Personal Triple Point Days and during Bonus Points Events. Cardmembers also receive an alterations benefit.
- Popular items tend to sell out quickly. Purchase items that you know you want right off the bat, then go back and browse through the other sale items. My son really liked an athletic shirt last year that sold out by 10 am on the first day of the early access sale. Items in your cart are not saved until you actually make the purchase.
- If you are a cardholder, make this one of your Triple Points Days. Any purchases you make online or in the store that day will earn triple points towards your next Nordstrom Note.
- This next tip came from my friend Nicole a few years back and has come in handy… If the item you want isn’t available in the size or color that you want, purchase the item in a different size. Chances are the size and color you want will become available again after the sale and you will be able to exchange what you bought while at the same time taking advantage of the sale price.
- If you aren’t sure what size to order, buy multiple sizes and return what doesn’t fit. Last year I made the mistake of ordering a sweater that was a brand I wasn’t familiar with the fit. When the sweater arrived it was too large and the smaller size was no longer available.
- After you have made your initial purchases and you just want to browse the other sale items, take advantage of the shopping filters. You can spend hours going through the thousands of items on sale. I narrow the search down by picking a particular category, then entering my size and favorite brands. Here are the brandsI will be paying special attention to during the Anniversary Sale.
1901, Barefoot Dreams, Bobeau, Caslon, Eliza J, Gibson, Halogen, Hanky Panky, Hinge, Hue, Leith, Madewell, Make + Model, Natori, PAIGE, Pleione, Treasure and Bond, Zella
Caslon, Sam Edelman, Sole Society, Tory Burch, Ugg, Vince Camuto
Alex & Ani, BaubleBar, Gorjana, KATE SPADE, Kendra Scott
1901, AG, The North Face, Thomas Dean, Tommy, Bahama, vineyard vines
Allen, Edmonds, ASICS, Cole Haan, ECCO, Onitsuka Tiger
Girl’s Clothing & Shoes
Converse, Mini Boden, Tea Collection, The North Face, Treasure and Bold, Tucker + Tate, Truly Me, Us Angels, Vans, Zella Girl
Boy’s Clothing & Shoes
Nike, Quicksilver, Tucker and Tate, Under Armour, vineyard vines, Volcom
I hope you find these shopping picks and tips helpful when Early Access to the Anniversary Sale kicks off next Thursday, July 12th. I’m excited to share My Ultimate Gift Guide to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale with you all next Thursday. Keep me posted on what you decide to put in your shopping cart and if there are any finds that I need to check out. Happy Shopping Friends!