My 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks
Good Morning! My subscribers originally saw this post last week just in time to shop the online Early Access for Nordstrom Cardmembers Anniversary Sale the very first day. If you aren’t a cardmember, you will be able to shop the sale this Friday, July 19th both online and in stores. There are so many items I truly like at this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I really tried to be intentional about what I ended up buying. It would be so easy to get carried away and spend more than I can afford. I asked myself these questions before purchasing anything:
- Does this item make me feel good? Does it fit well? Is it flattering? Will it hold up after multiple wears? ex: I really wanted to like a cream waffle knit Free People Henley. It would have been a great fall basic and I loved the neckline, but the fit did nothing for my figure and (in my daughter’s words) “looked like a maternity top”.
- Does this item fill a need? Do I already own something that fulfills the same purpose? Does it make sense for my lifestyle? ex: I was drooling over this water resistant jacket. It was unique, slimming, and oh so cute! Unfortunately, it was pretty pricey and I already have a trench coat and long puffer jacket that would work with any outfit I could have paired with this jacket.
- Can I find the same item or a similar item for a better price elsewhere? ex: My husband asked me to buy him a new reversible belt to replace one that broke. I found one that fit what he needed, but even on sale it was more expensive than similar belts I’ve seen elsewhere. It made more sense to wait for a better deal.
Today, I am only going to show you pieces that I actually own. Most of the items were purchased at this year’s sale, but I linked a few things that I bought previously. I still love and use the older version and wanted to link it for you in case you were looking for something similar. Click on the pink highlighted link to be taken directly to the product’s page on shop.nordstrom.com*.
1. Halogen Faux Fur Coat (XS) I could not resist purchasing this luxurious faux fur coat in a creamy tan color. It is a coat that I can see myself reaching for every date night, holiday party, birthday celebration, and special occasion.
2. Halogen Scoop Back Knit Top in Black (S) This ballet neck top is under $25 and an elegant staple for your closet. The stretchy Supima cotton blend would pair equally well with casual jeans and a cardigan or this silky, leopard, pleated midi skirt. The scoop back adds interest, but isn’t so low that you can’t wear a regular bra. It is available in 8 colors.
3. BP Lace Trim Satin Cami (S) I ordered a similar cami from Nordstrom last winter and had to return it because it gaped under my arms and was snug around the hips. Nordstrom must have taken my negative review to heart because this cami fits perfectly! The side slits give it a little extra room in the hips. I can’t wait to pair this with a pair of wide leg black pants and my new fur coat for a night out this fall. It is available in five colors/prints.
4. Articles of Society High Waist Ankle Skinny Jeans (size 28) I bought these jeans for the first time last year and have been a fan ever since. My 14 year old daughter tried them on this year and was instantly smitten as well. We both love the fact that they are super stretchy and don’t gap at the waistband. Priced under $50, these jeans are affordable enough that we can both get a pair.
This pair of AG Ex-Boyfriend Relaxed Slim is also on sale and one of my closet staples. You can see how I styled them here and here. They run large. I bought a 27.
5. Hanky Panky Regular Rise Lace Thong This is one of the items that keeps me coming back to the Anniversary Sale every year. I’ve been wearing this brand of underwear for over a decade and have yet to find another brand that is as comfortable, pretty and functional. They are pricey, so I replace a few of my older pairs each year when the sale is happening.
6. Natori Conform Underwire Full Fit Contour Bra This bra provided the lift, support and shape that I was looking for with the added bonus of convertible straps. I have a few summer tops that don’t work with either a racer back bra or traditional straps because they are sleeveless with a lower back. Crossing the straps on this bra will allow me to wear those tops without my bra straps showing.
I was so happy to find that the Natori Bliss Perfection Underwire Contour Bra was part of the sale. I wrote about how how much I adore this lightweight t-shirt bra in this post. It creates a smooth appearance under clothing and is by far the most comfortable bra I own.
7. Madewell Sandal I think these shoes will be a great to transition from summer to fall. They will coordinate well with fall styles, but not be too heavy for when the weather is still unseasonably warm at the end of October. I’m picturing these with cropped wide leg pants, flare leg denim, and an assortment of skirts and dresses.
I bought Zella cropped joggers in black a couple year’s ago and they are one of the items I wear on a weekly basis year round. They are perfect for travel, running errands around town, or just lounging around the house. I wear them so much that I am seriously considering adding these Zella Live-In Jogger Pants (M) to my cart.
This floral dress was really pretty in person and these leopard print jogger sweatpants were super cozy and fun. I’m still debating buying this North Face fleece hoodie. I can picture myself packing it as an extra layer on ski trips or wearing it on casual, cozy days and to outdoor sporting events with leggings and Uggs. I like the fact the longer length covers your bottom if you wear it with leggings. These tall boots actually fit easily over my wider (15″)calves . Definitely, check them out if you have a similar issue.
Update: I also purchased this Cozy V-Neck Cardigan by Something Navy online. I had a hard time deciding between all the great colors, but finally settled on the the brown ganache. It is such a rich color and perfect for fall. I really liked the fact that unlike the other cardigans on sale, this particular cardigan didn’t have patch pockets that would add bulk to my hips or thighs.
1.PAIGE Transcend Federal Slim Straight Leg Jeans These were tan colored jeans were at the top of my husband’s wish list. He works in a casual environment and these colored denim pants will be a nice alternative to his typical blue jeans.
2. 1901 Striped long Sleeve T-Shirt I bought my hubby a couple henley style 1901 shirts at the sale last year and they held up well and made an attractive fall and winter basic. I thought this would be a nice addition to his cold weather wardrobe this year.
3. 1901 Trim Fit Stripe Short Sleeve Button-Down Sport Shirt A short sleeve button-down shirt has been by husbands shirt of choice to wear to work lately. He stays cool in short sleeves and crisp cotton. It is also a great option for weekend wear. It runs small due to the trim fit. I would recommend ordering one size larger.
4. AG Graduate Slim Straight Leg Jeans My hubby usually purchases one new pair of jeans each year. He bought this style last year and they quickly became his favorites. I decided to buy him the same pair again, but in a different wash since he wears them so frequently.
5. Ecco Holton Slip-On These are my hubby’s everyday work shoes. They look equally sharp with both jeans and slacks. These last for a years with a little TLC. We resole them once a year and give them a professional polish.
Beauty & Accessories
1. Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant Anti-Perspirant Trio I started wearing this deodorant several years ago based on another bloggers review. It is the same scent as the perfume I’ve been wearing since college and I never get tired of the scent. The Anniversary Sale is the only time I can find it on sale and one 3 pack lasts me until the next year. I put it on after my shower every day, but use a drug store deodorant for my early morning workouts so that I don’t go through it too quickly.
2. Clinique Chubby Color: Lip Balm Set I thought this would be a great set to have on hand to give as a gift to either one of my teen daughter’s friends or one of my own friends. The colors are bright, fresh, easy to apply and will work for everyone.
3. neuLash Lash Enhancing Serum Duo I bought this on sale last year and have still not run out. After using it every night initially, I only use it every 2-3 nights now and it keeps my lashes looking thick and long. I found that I gained the same results from this brand as I had with Rodan & Fields Lash Boost and it was less expensive.
4. Kate Spade New York Karalyn 56 mm Gradient sunglasses I bought a similar pair last year and find the shades of blue and gray make them a little more unique. They are a flattering shape on my oval face.
5. Halogen Rib Cashmere Scarf This cashmere scarf feels so delicious. I have gray and burgundy versions from previous sales. They are especially great for travel. I will wear them as a wrap with dresses when headed out for a special evening. This is a purchase that will never go out of style and you will be wearing for years and years. The flecks of color on the ivory donegal scarf are what caught my attention first.
1. Nike Air Colorblock T-Shirt This relaxed, soft cotton t-shirt is awesome for back-to-school shopping. My son loves the street-smart style. It is available in three color combinations.
2. Nike Air Athletic Shorts When I was putting together my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale shopping list I asked my son what he wanted/needed for the upcoming school year. These shorts were his only request. These all-activity shorts are made from supersoft French terry which won’t snag when rubbed against rough surfaces. They have a drawstring waist and side pockets. It is available in three colors.
3. Nike Hybrid Dri-FIT Tapered Track Pant These lightweight track pants are a hybrid of woven shorts and tights. They are made from moisture wicking material that will keep even the most active boy comfortable while running around.
5. Nike Flex Contact 3 GS Running Shoe It wouldn’t be back-to-school shopping without a new pair of athletic shoes to keep up with constantly growing feet. This pair has been our pick in past years when my son was still able to wear boys sizes (I really miss the price of boy’s shoes in comparison to men’s).
I am so appreciative to everyone that used my links when shopping the sale, THANK YOU!!! I have really enjoyed hearing about your purchases. Did you notice that leopard is really big again this year? Mustard yellow, snakeskin and studs were also quite popular. I was disappointed by the jewelry selection in the store this year. I’m hoping they will have a lot more available online. The Juniors Department was the spot to find the lowest prices and the Beauty Department was where I had the most fun browsing. Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
*This post has affiliate links. If you click on one of my links, then make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission. These commissions are what help support my blog and I am so grateful for your help. Opinions and post ideas are always my own and in no way influenced by the affiliate.