My Picks for Teen Boys & Girls at the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Yesterday, I shared my most-loved Nordy’s products for women and men here. Today, I’m back to chat with you about my picks for teen girls and boys during the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’m mom to a 14 year old teen boy and a sixteen year old teen girl. I am only sharing products that I can personally swear by because my own children have included them on their wishlist or put them to the test. This year is the first time that I have opted to not share any of my picks for children because It’s been awhile since I’ve had to regularly shop for littles. If you are shopping for younger children check out my 2019 and 2020 posts. I think you will find that many of the items I highlighted are still included in the sale.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is a great opportunity to do some back to school shopping with your teen and replace items that they have outgrown recently. The kids and I looked through their closets this past week to see what their needs would be for the upcoming school year. Watching my son model a pair of jeans that he hasn’t worn since winter was hilarious. Wow, they were tight! It’s crazy how fast he’s grown in the past year. Shoe and clothing prices can increase quite a bit when kids make the jump from children to adult sizing. I will happily take advantage of a good sale to keep expenses down while still investing in quality brands.
Tip: Click on anything in pink to be linked directly to the product page. You will be able to add the item to your own wish list or purchase the product from there.
Teen Boy Clothing &Shoes
1. This pair of straight leg, stretch denim is available in a hard to find 28″ waist to fit teen boys that have hit their growth spurt, but remained slim around the middle. I love that the price point is just over $30.
2. Adult sized trainers can easily run 3-digits, but at the rate teenagers grow I’m hesitant to spend big bucks on shoes that they’ll outgrow in the blink of an eye. The Anniversary Sale is a great opportunity to pick up a pair of name brand shoes for a more reasonable price. This pair will be great for my incoming freshman that needs a pair of school shoes that will need to suitable for PE.
3. & 4. My son loves to spend his free time at the golf course. This polo will will keep him cool while trying to par and be appropriate to wear out to dinner afterwards. These shorts can also serve double duty as golf attire and everyday wear. Sizing can be tricky when teens are straddling the boys and mens departments. These adult shorts start at a size 28 (which is the same waist size as a boys XL), but have a longer inseam for boys that are taller than 67″.
5. These boys PJ’s are priced for the kids department, but go all the way up to size 20. They are comfy, cozy and come in a cool pattern that isn’t childish.
6. These shoes double as dress shoes for my teen. I know he’ll need a new pair before too long and am ordering the next size up so that I can be prepared for the holiday season and not have to resort to paying full price.
Teen Girl Clothing & Shoes
1. This brand of denim jacket has been a staple of my teen daughter’s closet. She wears it year round. During the summer this is the perfect light layer to wear layered over sundresses and shorts on cool evenings. This jacket is a staple that never goes out of style and will remain in a teen girl’s closet for years to come.
2. These vintage style sneakers are similar to the popular Nike Air Force 1 sneakers, but feature a lower profile and retro style logo. They will be equally cute worn with a sundress, shorts, or pair of cropped straight leg jeans.
3. This was the very first item my daughter added to her wish list. The light wash and distressed knees topped her list of denim must-haves and the higher waist make crop tops a little less revealing (which makes mom happy).
4. This brand of bra is only one of two available during the anniversary sale that makes underwire bras in a size 30. After owning several different styles, this is the one my daughter prefers most. Every year we add at least one bra to her collection and toss any that have lost their elasticity or seen better days.
5. My sixteen year old loves to wear this sweater vests on their own during warm weather and layered over body suits during the colder seasons. She was immediately drawn to the bright orange color of this vest. This is at the top of her wish list as a back to school outfit.
6. These fleece sweatpants have the more relaxed that fit my daughter prefers. I gifted these to her last Christmas and no matter the season, she slips into them the moment she gets home (and doesn’t hesitate to wear them out and about as well).
I always have a fun time putting these shopping posts together for you. Let me know if any of my picks inspired you to do a little shopping at the #NSale this year. Have a great weekend friends!
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. These commissions are what help support my blog and I am grateful for your help. Opinions and post ideas are always my own and in no way influenced by the affiliate.