My Picks for Women & Men at the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
This week is the staggered start of the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for cardmembers (read all about when and how to shop the sale here). The majority of cardholders won’t have access until Friday, July 16th and the general public will be able to start shopping the sale on July 28th.
I’ve scoured the Nordstrom website in order to share my best-loved picks for women and men during the 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for you today. I only included items that I have personally purchased in the past or that made my own wishlist this year. Check back soon to see my picks for teen boys and girls. If you have any questions about fit or sizing, send me a message and I will give you my best advice. Check out my 2018, 2019, 2020 and Ultimate Gift Guide posts for more #NSale recommendations. I tried not to repeat picks from past years in today’s post, but many are included in the sale again this year and have made their way back into my cart.
Tip: Click on anything in pink to be linked directly to the product page. You will be able to add the item to your own wish list or purchase the product from there.
Women’s Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
These are always the sale pages I can’t wait to browse first! Leather, lug soled boots, straight leg jeans, cardigans and a lot of basic black seemed to make up the most popular trends. Many of my favorite brands are back for for a repeat performance. I was sad to see that Veja, 1901, J. Crew and Madewell shoes didn’t make the list this year.
1. This dress is a brand that I’ve admired over the past year, but never had an opportunity to purchase. I was so happy to see that it was included in the sale this year. The fit of this dress would be especially flattering on curvier shapes because it provides extra room in the chest, cinches the waist and skims over the hips. I think it would be gorgeous to wear to a fall wedding, a day of wine tasting, family photographs* or a Thanksgiving gathering. In the past those events would sneak up on me and I would find myself rushing around to find a special occasion dress. I would settle for something that I wasn’t head over heels in love with or that was more than I wanted to spend. The #NSale is a great opportunity to find the perfect dress now for future events that won’t leave you scrambling later. Your can easily dress this pretty midi dress up with heels or with these gorgeous boots for a more casual fall look.
*Tip: A floral dress like this is perfect for a family photograph because the small print doesn’t steal focus away and the variety of colors make it easy to coordinate with the rest of the family. The flowy fit will easily camouflage any lumps and bumps that you don’t want showcased in a photo. I can easily picture this dress with a combination of gray slacks, a navy sweater, dark denim, a light grey shirt and of course anything in that beautiful shade of dusty rose.
2. This cardigan in the color lighthouse is one of the most worn items in my closet. I wear it year round and the balloon sleeves and pompoms give this basic a look that’s extra. It would be a great foundation piece if you are building a more intentional or capsule wardrobe. This cotton sweater has held up during multiple machine washes and it hasn’t developed any pilling. It is available in 4 additional colors and runs big.
3. I LOVE my multi-strand necklace by the same brand. Rarely a week has gone by that I haven’t worn at least one of the necklaces over the past two years. This necklace is especially handy to take on vacation because the various lengths can be worn individually with a variety of neckline or grouped together as a statement piece. The mixed metals guarantee it will coordinate with any other jewelry you decide to pack.
4. The Anniversary Sale is a fantastic time to replace your favorite everyday glasses that got scratched with sand or landed at the bottom of the lake this summer. I wear sunglasses everyday and don’t mind investing in a quality pair if the price per wear is going to make it worth my while. At the same time I don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for an item that can also be easily lost or damaged. The Anniversary Sale is the perfect compromise because I can purchase sunnies from my favorite designers at a discount. I have my eye on this elegant, classic pair.
5. These PJ’s are so soft, lightweight and comfy. I’ve found that they also hold up better and are less expensive than this pair that I have purchased during past sales. The size small is the perfect length on my 5’4 frame.
Tip: You can pick up a 3 piece set by the same brand here for an even better price.
6. I wear this style purse more than any other in my collection. It doesn’t weigh me down on days that I just need to carry the essentials. The size is ideal for holding a small wallet or card holder, phone, lipstick, keys and a soft sunglass case. This bag can be worn over the shoulder or as a crossbody. The leopard print adds a fun pop of print to any outfit, but is neutral enough to wear with more than you would think. Looking for a roomier bag? I’m also a fan of this style. It’s fun to change the look of the bag by switching out the removable strap.
A couple other recommendations… these boots are a good pick for women with wider calves. The heel gives you just enough leg lengthening height while at the same time remaining comfortable for a full day of wear. These faux leather leggings are the best on days that you want to look pulled together, but feel like wearing lounge wear. They are long! I ordered a petite and still had to alter the length. I also sized up for the best fit. My preferred way to wear these is with a boyfriend style button-up shirt, loafers and a sweater blazer.
Men’s Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
This is a great opportunity for the men in your life to build the foundation of a quality capsule wardrobe that they can simply add a few additional pieces to year after year. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the ideal time to replace or invest in a flattering pair of designer denim, dress shoes or a classic suit.
1. This is hands down the most frequently worn shirt in my husband’s closet. It’s flattering, comfortable and on trend. I’ll be picking another one of these for him during the sale this year to tuck away as a gift.
2. High quality belts can be quite an expensive purchase. My husband has been due for a new brown leather belt, but decided to wait until the Anniversary Sale to get the most for our money. He picked out this classic style by his favored dress shoe designer. Although he will probably wear this belt with jeans more than anything else, it’s nice to know it will coordinate well with his oxfords when he dresses up.
4. This zip-up pullover has been both my husband and teenage son’s pick to wear for holiday celebrations and in our annual family photo. It has the feel of a sweatshirt, but the look of a sweater. The performance fabric layers well both over and under other pieces. I can’t decide if I like the olive heather or light blue heather better?
5. My guys both hate to feel hot. The quick-drying performance fabric this shirt is made of was a lifesaver during my son’s recent scorching hot promotion ceremony. It looks great alone, layered over a tee or under the quarter zip pullover.
I hope you find my 2021 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks helpful when making your wishlist. Let me know if there is a must-have product I have overlooked. Leave me a comment to share what you found especially helpful. Don’t forget to subscribe to Parker Posts so that you don’t miss out on anything coming up.
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. These commissions are what help support my blog and I am grateful for your help. Opinions and post ideas are always my own and in no way influenced by the affiliate.